Sunday, May 15, 2011

san fran and kettle corn

Okay, hey y'all. Blogger has been down for maintenance, so I can blame part of my lack of blogging on that fact, but mostly it's because I've been on the road and unable to have a constant use of the internet. I'm home now, though, so I should be able to get back into the swing of things finally.

To backtrack and finish off the trip home.....

Wednesday morning the fam and I headed up north to San Francisco to visit my cousin who works at Google. She does the voice on the phone; so when you call Google to get information you hear her voice. She gave us a lightning tour and treated us to lunch in one of the many cafeterias. It was pretty nice.

After Google, we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge and into downtown San Francisco: complete with hills.

While we were in San Fran, we drove down to Ghirardelli Square and looked around all the shops. We found a cute little cupcake shop that sells gourmet gluten free cupcakes. If you're ever in Ghirardelli Square, you should definitely check out Kara's Cupcakes. 

 my aviators have been everywhere with me.
 which one is gluten free?
 it's such a cute little place

After cupcakes, we got more sugar at the little Ghirardelli shop. Then we walked down along the streets and ended up at Fisherman's Wharf for dinner. We went to the Franciscan which has a beautiful view and lovely food. My cousin and her boyfriend met us for dinner so it was a wonderful time with family. 

 again, my aviators!
 I ate half a crab. it was very delicious.
the staircase leading up to the restaurant was lined with pictures of celebrities and other famous people that had eaten there. it was pretty cool.

Thursday we drove up to Redbluff, California to visit some old friends. On the way up there, we stopped by the Golden Gate Park and beach. It was really pretty, and also very windy.

 me and the brother
 the beach was very pretty
some of the flowers in the park

Our longest day of driving was Friday. Without stops, the trip from Redbluff to the Tri-cities area is about 10 hours. We drove up by Crater Lake and stopped for a while so it made for about a 13 hour day. The drive was really pretty though and I took a bunch of random pictures. 

 Mount Shasta.....I think.
 Dad insisted on taking a picture of me driving, I don't know why though.
 on the way up to Crater Lake...they still had a good bit of snow on the ground.
the snow next to my 6'4" dad and our car...
 I found this in the gift shop and had to take a picture of it :)
 Wizard Island in Crater Lake
 yep, I climbed a snowbank in flip flops.
 mi familia <3
on the way to the Tri-Cities, I forget where this was, but it was pretty.

Saturday morning we got in the car again and drove home. It was a shorter drive and I mostly slept during it. It's nice to not be in the car anymore, but it's not quite home yet. I still have to finish my room which involved priming and painting it before moving all my furniture back in and unpacking all my boxes and bags. I'm hoping to be all moved in by the end of next week, but we shall see. 

Oh, story time: after we got home yesterday, we unloaded the car and I started cleaning out the cabin in the backyard so I can live in it until I finish my room. I got about halfway through it when the power went out. This was at 4:30 p.m. It remained off all afternoon. Around 9 p.m., my grandmother and I really wanted some hot food so we set out (joined by my mother) in search of someplace that was open. We finally found a little Mexican place that was open and we had a nice dinner. The power came on last night around 1 a.m. It made for an exciting first day back in Idaho. 

Alright, this post is long enough. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and a great week :)

from Bonners Ferry with love, 



  1. oh thanks :) it's possibly my favorite picture from the whole trip!